Sunday, August 3, 2014

Grilled Stuffed Portobellos

The fungus among us. // Instagram @kguymon
I put Matt to work on the grill last night: steaks, corn on the cob, and for the first time, stuffed mushrooms.

I whipped up a concoction of creamy goat cheese, garlic, and chopped rosemary for the insides, and oh my. It had me reciting every bad rom-com cliché I could think of:

"Where have you been all my life?"

"You. Complete. Me."

"I'll have what she's having."

Okay, that last one doesn't really make sense, but you get the drift. They're good. Really freaking good.



Grilled Stuffed Portobellos

-6 large portobello mushrooms
-8 oz. goat cheese
-1-2 cloves of minced garlic
-2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
-kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
-olive oil for brushing

1. Run the mushrooms under cold water and use a spoon to carefully scoop out the black gills.

2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cheese, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.

3. Before grilling, brush the insides of the mushrooms with olive oil.

4. Place the mushrooms face down on the grill over medium heat for three minutes.

5. Flip over and spoon in a generous amount of the cheese mixture into each mushroom. Close the grill and cook until the cheese is browning and the mushroom's juices start to run.

No comments: