|Quiche is my new hobby. // Instagram @kguymon|
This post is my endorsement.
In case you are willing to jump on my quiche train, try my very favorite recipe, a caramelized onion and mushroom quiche (scroll dooooown the page).
Tomato-Basil-Goat Cheese Quiche [adapted from The Joy of Cooking]
-1 store-bought pie crust
-3 medium tomatoes, seeded and quartered
-3/4 cup of heavy cream
-1/2 cup of whole milk
-4 oz. chevre
-3 tablespoons of chopped basil
-1 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
-pepper to taste
-1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the pie crust in a 9" pie plate and crimp the edges.
2. Place the quartered tomatoes around the outer edge of the pie plate, in a wagon wheel layout. Fill in the middle with the remaining tomatoes.
3. Combine the heavy cream, milk, and goat cheese and mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the eggs, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper and whisk until well blended.
5. Pour the egg mixture on top of the tomatoes. Cover the top with the mozzarella.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the egg mixture has set, the crust is browned, and the top is golden. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.