Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spicy Citrus Mozzarella Bites

Photo by Katie Guymon

Last week, I tried out my first two recipes from my new cookbook purchase, Claire Robinson's 5 Ingredient Fix. My girlfriends got together for - what else? wine - and so, I made a couple of cocktail-y type snacks. Both were easy, both were tasty.

Up first...

Spicy Citrus Mozzarella Bites
These, to me, are better the longer they marinate. They definitely have a unique flavor!

-8 ounces of fresh cherry-size (ciliegine) mozzarella balls, drained
-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-zest of one 1 lemon
-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
-sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.

1 comment:

R. Matthew said...

If you're ever stuck shelling edamame again, an Alton Brown trick is to use a pasta roller to squeeze the beans from the pod.

He also has a good edamame dip recipe if you want to try another one.