Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies

Now that I'm finally out of persuasive research paper rough draft hell, I had to show you these pictures of the adorable cookies I made with my mom and Abbie the night before Thanksgiving. I think we've found a new tradition to replace the former escapades of Wacky Wednesday. I am thirty (almost thirty-one!) after all.

I found the original recipe on Betty Crocker online, but we went ahead and used our favorite sugar cookie recipe. The other ingredients include chocolate spreadable icing, candy corn, green M&Ms, and black icing gel.

And below is what happens when my silly mother lets loose with the cookie decorating. I think it has something to do with Jude being left handed. Anyway, my dad dubbed this turkey "The Cosmo Kramer."

Save the recipe for next year, folks. Even though they appear startled (and what turkey wouldn't be on Thanksgiving?), they are almost too cute to be eaten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very very cute!!! did a wacky wednesday this year but a night of baking sounds like a better plan for next year:)